Monocyte is an auto-edition structure defending didactic illustration, and more specifically the science popularisation. Productions are the result of meetings and collaborations with scientists and have the will to create a dialogue between graphics practices and science.
The initiative of the auto-edition started in 2016 between Marianne Tricot, scientific illustrator and Océane Juvin, graphic designer and typographer. They met each other at the École Duperré in 2012 and were formed at the École Estienne where they were respectively graduated in Applied Arts in scientific illustration and in typographic design.
The main will, through the science popularisation editions, is to share and to disseminate scientific knowledge, their history and the current research, to tell and to enlighten lay people, to open and to decompartmentalise disciplines. As for the didactic editions, they provide a way of understanding literary works, musical works, historical or social facts,through illustrated graphic objects.
1. WHO ? Marianne Tricot, scientific illustrator and Océane Juvin, graphic designer and typographer. They decode, decrypt and product more or less plastic and didactic signs and pictures.
2. WITH WHO ? Productions are the result of meetings and collaborations with researchers, scientists, laboratories, museum, institutions, industrials or specialists from different domains (lawyers, craftsmen, musicians, philosophers...)
3. ABOUT WHAT ? Monocyte aims to explain scientific phenomenons, notions of physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy. To tell and to grasp more or less fictitious subjects like operas, historical characters, stories, plays, movies...
4. WHAT ? Monocyte offers new ways to tell science and other complex subjects by editorial modular didactic objects, nomads and available on the web. See the scheme PRODUCTIONS. PRODUCTIONS
5. WHY ? To share and to disseminate the scientific knowledges, their history and the current research. To support the different collaborators, to enlighten lay people. To defend didactic illustration, mostly the science popularisation. To decompartmentalise disciplines.
6. 6. HOW ? See the scheme WORK WITH US
7. FOR WHO ? For the collaborators from various domains, to gave them communication tools, of knowledge transmission, visual supports for their lecture, classes, events. For the novices, lay people, curious people who wants to learn and understand.
Conception graphique :
Océane Juvin et Marianne Tricot
Réalisation et développement web : Vincent Deleplanque